Monday, March 29, 2010

Getting Low & getting high



dearly beloved,
many thanks to everyone who came and "got Low" last night. It was just like a dream come true, playing to such a lovely crowd, in that beautiful bar. It also marked the very first time I was ever 1. heckled 2. begged for an encore and 3. brought someone to tears (all by the same darling...)

Thank you also to Luke Bacon for accompanying me on piano and making the night so special. Luke and I have been colloborating on and off for almost a year, but last night was the first time we finally got our act together to play in front of an audience. We played were an old song of mine, called "Hell & High Water" (which I wrote when I was 17, on a banjo, and then forgot how to play) and our version of "Winter Skin". With any luck, I will get some recordings of these versions soon, for those who missed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment