Sunday, August 2, 2009

I gave my heart to the Hopetoun Hotel.

I played at the Hopetoun Hotel tonight. The stage was still a little glittery from Bridezilla "capturing the sun" last night. What a wonderful show they played too! I got to hear all my favourties, new & old.
Tonight was a lot more low key. For a start, there were no glow sticks, or party hats.
I played a couple of new songs, including a stripped down version of one I recorded with little Ms. Pia May a few weeks ago. It wasn't the same without her. The better, duet-and-ukulele-solo version can be heard here: http://www.myspace.com/piamayandmadelaine
Neither of my usual amazing photographer friends were there, so I have no pictures or anything for those who missed out.
However, my lovely friend Belle took this photo at a show I played at the Hollywood a month or so ago and it's pretty cool I feel:
Photobucket

Hopefully more shows will be on the horizon soon, and everyone can come and party to bittersweet folk music. BYO glow sticks.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment