Monday, August 17, 2009

X, Blogs & Rock n' Roll

Photobucket

On Friday night I went the Gaelic Theatre (for the first time in around three years -last time I went there it was still the Gaelic CLUB) to see my dad play. The band is called X. They had quite the cult following in Melbourne/Sydney back in the 80s.
During the show, some old rocker in the audience turned to me and said that "us kids" will never understand the power of X, and what they meant back in the day etc. I found this sentiment kind of pointless - it's not my fault I was only born in 1990! Naturally, I retaliated with my daughter-of-the-lead-singer trump card.

And anyway, us kids have youtube.

Behold, cover of the week! X doing Roy Orbison. NOTE: My dad's amazing 80s hair/shirt/drag-dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment