Monday, September 21, 2009

Happy Stephen Malkmus day*!

As Pia and I have been known to say, 'the end is nigh but the night is young.' And what a night tonight will be! Not only will I be seeing Stephen Malkmus in the flesh, but I also get to welcome home my favourite band in Sydney, Bridezilla, who just stepped off a plane from the US after a whirlwind tour, to support Mr. Malkmus tonight. Their debut album will be released any day now, and I promise you, it will be beautiful.


My excitement for all of this is only eclipsed by the recent news of next year's Pavement reform tour. !!!






(Stephen Malkmus plays "Freeze the Saints", acoustic version, on Morning Becomes Eclectic. It was 2005, but the colour of the curtains somehow makes it look like the '70s.)




* the day in which I get to see Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks at at our very own Metro Theatre.

No comments:

Post a Comment