Saturday, October 10, 2009

Hope.

Undeniably, Mazzy Star (one of my all time favourite bands) founded my love of reverb, and Hope Sandoval remains one of my very favourite vocalists. Her new album, with the Warm Inventions, 'Through the Devil Softly", is on rotation while I am spending my Saturday night trying to write an essay with a lost voice and a sore throat. The album is lovely, and soul-soothing. I found this clip of "Bluebird"  from a live performance in Milwaukee earlier this month.
On the good days, sometimes I feel like I will make music always and find it inspiring that some people can do this, and that music isn't just "young, hip-scene" orientated thing. 
Hope Sandoval is now 43, and I wish her to continue to make music forever.
"Should I be fooled by you?"

ps new version of "Winter Skin" has been uploaded on the myspace page, if you feel like a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment